Udawalawe national park is the best national park spot for wild elephants in Sri Lanka and Udawalawe national park specialized for Elephants’ safaris. My Ceylon Adventures offer exciting safari with wonderful wilderness experience and our safari experience completely different safari experience with zoology guide. You will do the safari minimum disturbance to wild animals and we will explore the nature more broad way.
Then it is not just spotting wild animals and entertaining your eye or capturing in your camera anymore. Our Wildlife expert share with animals’ living style, explanation about animals and it is worth knowledge for you. It is really worth experience that you spend money on safari with us. Our safari duration exceeds standard safari duration in Udawalawe. You will spend 3 hrs in the national park and 1 hr spend at Udawalawe Transit home for experiencing rehabilitation process. Elephants transit home visit brings comprehensive experience in Udawalawe safari. Udawalawe Safari with us is a unique experience and adding values to your Sri Lankan holiday.
Elephant Transit Home ( Eth Athuru Sevana ) at Udawalawe National Park
The Department of Wildlife Conservation has established at Udawalawe National Park A center for rehabilitation and Re-integration of orphaned wild elephants. Increase of the country’s population, large-scale irrigation and agricultural projects have fragmented the former habitat of elephants, resulting elephant mortality and decrease of population. Despite the mitigation measures to control human elephant conflict, considerable numbers of elephant calves recovered as orphans.
The Department of Wildlife Conservation pioneered a research project in 1995 at Udawalawe to rehabilitate and supplement wild elephant orphans back to wild. It has been successfully carried out with four releases in 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2004,2007,2008. Visitors could enjoy the antics of these babies from a viewing platform at the Center. The Department of Wildlife Conservation calls for public support to minimize the expense from the public by joining the foster-parent scheme and help wild elephant orphans program.
Pick up from your hotel by Safari Jeep.
Drop to the hotel
Half a Day safari
- Morning Safari starts at 6 a.m. and leave from the hotel 5 a.m. (3 hrs. safari)
- Evening Safari starts at 3 p.m. and leave from the hotel 1 p.m. (3 hrs. safari)
Full Day Safari (12 Hrs safari)
- Pick up from your hotel at 5.30 a.m. and return to hotel 6.30 p.m.
- Half a Day safari (3 hrs. safari)
- Full Day Safari (12 Hrs safari)
National Park Ticket
- Smart casual dress
- Good sunscreen and sunglass.
- Hat/ cap and binocular
Half a Day Safari Cost
Spot the wild Elephants and birds
Nature and landscape
Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home visit
Comprehensive knowledge about Sri Lanka wildlife by nature guide
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.