Udawalawe trekking tour is nature trekking tour based on Udawalawe national buffer-zone. Udawalawe trekking tour approx. distance 10–12 Km and you will walk over the water streams, tanks and spotting colourful birds, flora and other animals’ species. While you are walking through the forest, you will visit to Chena and it is unique local farming methods. Udawalawe trekking tour brings the wonderful nature experience. You may never experience such a beauty in Sri Lanka.
You may experience impact between elephants and villagers while you are trekking in Udawalawe.
You will start the nature walk with well experienced local tracker in Selangala Forest in Hambegamuwa. It is bordering to Weli Oya and Eranvita villages and very greenish area and diversifies by water streams.
- Pick up 30 minutes before the starting time and proceed to Hambegamuwa.
- Reporting point “Hambegamuwa Temple. And meet the trekking guide.
Morning trekking tour starts at 8.00 a.m.
Approx. trekking distance 10 Km–12 Km
Between 3 – 4 hrs
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen and sunglass.
- Animal and bird related guidance book.
Tour Difficulty Level
Medium level trekking Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Disable (cannot walk) travelers
- Wheel chair cannot access.
- Recommended age 8 years and above.
Explore beauty of the wilderness in Udawalawe
Explore the nature and stunning landscapes in lowland
Explore endemic flora and fauna
Spot the wild animals and colourful birds
Experience different farming methods
Nature walks in the forest about approx. 10 - 12 Km
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.