According to wildlife experts, both local and foreign, Sri Lankan is the ‘Best Big Game Safari outside Africa. Though difficult to imagine, this tiny island being the next to the gigantic African Continent, When the likelihood and cost of seeing and photographing four or five charismatic animals (elephant, leopard, sloth bear, sperm Whale and blue whale) in a two days Safari, Sri Lanka is the best destination.
Yala is the best national park spot in the big game safari and most of Sri Lankan national parks specialized only couple of animal species, but Yala and Wilpattu national parks are the only you can spot combination of animals. At least you can comfortably spot 3–4 species out of 5 high valued animas species in big game safari. There is a high possibility of spot Elephants, Leopards, sloth bear and blue whales in Mirissa.
Yala is the highest leopard density in the world and Yala national park second biggest national park in Sri Lanka. Yala national park is the highly famous national park among the local and foreign travelers. Yala national park bordering to the Indian Ocean and Yala ancient time one of key economy hub in Sri Lanka. Yala near the two main harbours in Southern coast.
Yala national park consists 5 blocks and total land extends 97,881 hectares. your Yala national park safari based in block 1, but if you are going to do a full day safari, then you will visit to Block 1 and 2 spotting the wild animals.
Possibility of spotting leopard safari in Yala with My Ceylon Adventures over 80% because you will do the safari with well experience zoologist. Then you do not feel tour in a zoo anymore and zoologist tremendous demonstration about wilderness. It is adding knowledge to your safari experience and brings the value for you. In between the safari you will visit to Yala Tsunami point, explore the beautiful beach landscapes and relax in a few minutes while you are in safari.
We will do the safari with minimum disturbance to the animals and we will plan the safari based on the previous day and past animal spotting statistics. We will ensure get right sightings during the safari.
Our safari based in exploring the wilderness and attraction of the Yala national park.
Pick up from your hotel by Safari Jeep.
Return to the hotel at 6.30 p.m.
- Morning Safari starts at 6 a.m. (leave from the hotel at 5 a.m.).
- Evening Safari starts at 3 p.m. (leave from the hotel at 2 p.m.).
- Full Day Safari starts at 5.30 a.m.
- Morning and Evening: 3 hrs.
- Full-Day: 12 hrs.
National Park Ticket
- Casual dress.
- Good sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Hat/ cap and binocular.
Spot the wild Elephants, Leopards, sloth bear and birds
You will explore the dry zone nature and landscape
Visit to tsunami point and relax on the beach (20 min–30 min)
Comprehensive knowledge about Sri Lanka wildlife by zoologist
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.