Cycling in Trincomalee is the only land-based things to do in Trincomalee. Cycling in Trincomalee blends with local experiences, exploring the iconic historical landmarks with local cycling guide. Trincomalee cycling tour starts at Uppuveli (church) in Trincomalee and you will cycle to Trincomalee harbour along the city and you will explore the Trincomalee lagoon and city structure. You will do one hour harbour boat tour explore about beauty of 5th biggest natural harbour in the world. Trincomalee harbour exploration tour is a unique experience and most of the travelers may not experience the Trincomalee harbour.
After the harbour boat safari, you will continue the Trincomalee cycling tour visit to Fort Frederick (Dutch fort). You will experience colonial inheritance and how important Trincomalee harbour in the 12th century to the world. You will visit to the holy koneswaram temple and explore the historical background of the temple. You will explore the landscapes of the east coast. Finally, you will visit to Trincomalee maritime museum and explore the ancient trading souvenirs.
After the exploring the landmarks in Trincomalee city, you will cycle back to hotel and en route you will visit local house experience cultural difference, people's living style. En route you will visit to world war ii British soldiers’ cemetery.
Approx. cycling distance 40 Km – 45 Km and soft cycling trail.
At Uppuveli (church)
At your hotel
Trincomalee cycle ride Starting at 8.30 a.m. and evening cycling tour starts at 2 p.m.
Approx. distance about 40 – 45 Km (Soft cycling trail)
Around 4 – 5 hrs.
Tour Difficulty Level
Soft Cycling Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Recommended age 12 Years and above
- Casual dress or cycling outfit
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
Private Guided Tours additional coast
Explore iconic landmarks in Trincomalee
Local house visits and living style, cultural difference
Trincomalee harbour boat tour
Dutch Fort (Fort Frederick)
East coast landscapes
Trincomalee city exploration
World war ii British soldiers
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.