Ella cycling tour based in the countryside of Ella and exploring the hidden beauty of Ella countryside. You will explore the iconic things in Ella and experience Ella locals’ living style. You will start the Ella cycle tour from the Town and you will visit to magnificent British architecting creation of “Nine-Arch bridge” and you will explore the stunning landscape.
After the nine-arch bridge visit, you will cycle along the tea plantation to countryside. En route, you will explore the tea picking with locals. You will visit to local house and experience the Ella people's lived style before tourism become popular a decade ago. You will experience Caryota urens (Kithul Palm) productions such as jaggery, palm syrup, palm alcohol (Toddy). You will experience traditional hospitality and taste a hot cup of tea with jaggery.
Ella cycling tour approx. distance 25–30 Km and it is mixed terrain. While you cycle in Ella, you will hear interesting folktales. At the end, you will walk to Ella Gap and experience the stunning landscapes in Ella.
Starting from Ella Railway station
Ella Railway station
Starting time is 8.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Approx. cycling distance 25 Km – 30 Km and 2 Km walk to Ella Gap
Between 3 – 4 hrs.
Tour Difficulty Level
Medium Cycling Tour
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
Recommended age 12 Years and above
- Smart casual dress
- Good sunscreen and sunglass.
Visit to “nine-arch” bridge
Visit to Hindu Temple
Tea picking with locals
Countryside visits and local house experience
2 Km walk to Ella Gap
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.