Nuwara Eliya to Ella is the hardest and epic cycling tour in Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya to Ella to cycling trail based in through the Nuwara Eliya countryside, beautiful tea plantations and exploring the most beautiful landscape in Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya to Ella cycle tour is not a just a cycling tour in Sri Lanka and it gives confidence about your fitness and amazing lifetime memories. While you cycling Nuwara Eliya to Ella, you will enjoy the nature, greenish grass fields, Sri Lanka dairy farms, cycling through the tea planation and en route you will refresh with fresh strawberry snack. Nuwara Eliya to Ella cycling tour is a hard core cycling tour in Nuwara Eliya and 65% of cycling trail climbing’s.
You will start the cycle tour from your Nuwara Eliya hotel (altitude 1880 m) and you may reach to highest point of the Nuwara Eliya cycle tour Horton Plains (altitude 2300 m). it is 40 Km cycling trail in mixed terrains and hardest part of the cycle tour only 8 Km climb in Horton Plains but it is the most beautiful part of the cycle tour as well.
Once you reach to top of the Horton Plains and you will do 8 Km nature walking tour. You will spend 1–2 hrs in Horton Plains and enjoying the nature. Horton Plains is highly bio-diversified land in Sri Lanka. Three major rivers are starting from Horton Plains and it is a wonderful walking tour in Horton Plains. while you are enjoying the Horton Plains landscapes, exploring endemic flora and fauna.
After the walk, you will refresh a snack with hot tea/ coffee and after the refreshing, you will continue the cycle tour to Ella.
From Horton Plains to Boralanda is a mixed terrain, and mostly there will be downhills. It is approx., distance 20 Km (1 - 2 hr. ride) and Nuwara Eliya to Ella's cycle tour will end in Boralanda. After the cycle tour end, you will reach to Ella by Tuk Tuk or Back up truck.
Epic cycle tour will end with thousands of amazing memories.
Starting from at your hotel in Nuwara Eliya
Cycling ending point Boralanda junction and continue to Ella by vehicle
Starting time at 7.30 a.m.–8.30 a.m.
Approx. cycling distance 60 Km
- Nuwara Eliya to Horton Plains is the hardest part of the cycling trail and it is approx. distance 40 Km
- Horton Plains 8 km walking tour
- Horton Plains to Boralanda 20 Km and it is mixed terrain.
Duration 8 hrs. (approx. duration 1- 2 hrs with refreshment break)
Tour Difficulty Level
Hard Cycling Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- Recommended age 15 years and above.
- Pregnant ladies and high blood pleasure patients may not recommended
- Casual dress or cycling outfit
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
Explore the scenic tea plantation and stunning landscapes
Experience tea workers’ living style and Hindu Culture
En route visit to Strawberry farm and refreshment
Explore the Sri Lanka dairy farms and landscapes
Horton Plains visit and explore the endemic flora and fauna
Exploring the nature
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.