Cycling Kandy to Nuwara Eliya is one of the most beautiful and hardest cycling tour in Kandy. Kandy to Nuwara Eliya cycle tour based in along with the tea planation and you will explore the British Tea Planter’s footprints. You will cycle through greenish tea plantation and beautiful landscapes. Kandy to Nuwara Eliya cycle tour starts from the Hanthana Ceylon Tea Museum and you will cycle along with the Hanthana Tea Plantation and it is uphill and challenging cycling trail (20 Km). En route you will visit to tea worker’s local house and you will experience the tea worker’s living style. You will refresh with hot tea, snack (wade) and experience the hind culture. While you Kandy to Nuwara Eliya cycle tour, you will experience tea picking with local tea picking ladies.
After the refreshing you will continue the Kandy to Nuwara Eliya cycle tour and it is uphill cycling trail. You will reach to Ramboda through countryside roads (approx. 35 Km) and you will do Tea Factory visit while Kandy to Nuwara Eliya cycle tour. You will explore the pure Ceylon Tea Manufacturing process and refresh with Ceylon Tea.
After the tea factory visit you will continue the Kandy to Nuwara Eliya cycle tour and it is uphill cycling trail 34 Km to Nuwara Eliya. Ramboda onwards you will continue the cycle tour in “A” grade road but less traffic road and attractions are same. Still, you are cycling through the Tea Planation and until you reach to Nuwara Eliya.
Kandy to Nuwara Eliya cycle tour is approx. distance 90 Km–100 Km and it is uphill cycling trail. Elevation starts from 500 meters (Kandy) to 1885 meters (Nuwara Eliya).
Pick up and Starting Point
- Pickup in Kandy Hotel at 7 a.m. and proceeds to Ceylon Tea Museum.
- Starting the cycling at 7.30 a.m. and visit to Tea worker’s house snack experience.
At Nuwara Eliya
At 7.30 a.m.
Total distance 90 Km - 100 Km
( from starting point to Tea workers’ village distance 20 Km, it is uphill challenging cycling trail.
- from Tea workers’ village to Ramboda Tea Factory distance 35 Km and it is uphill terrain Along with tea plantations.
- Ramboda Tea factory’s visit and refreshment break (30 min)
- Local lunch in between the cycle tour
- from Tea factory to Nuwara Eliya distance 40 Km and it is an uphill terrain in “A” grade road.
- you may reach to Nuwara Eliya around 5.30 p.m. (with breaks))
Between 8 - 9 hrs.
Tour Difficulty Level
Challenging and hard Cycling Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies and high blood pressure patients.
- Recommended age 15 years and above.
- casual dress or cycling outfit
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
Cycling in Scenic Tea Planation and experience the tea picking
Explore the nature and stunning landscapes
Experience tea workers are living style, culture and hospitality
Tea plantation workers’ village visit and local snack
Tea Factory visit and experience the tea manufacturing process
Refreshing with a hot cup of tea
Taste the local snacks and Rotti while cycling
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.