Cycling Nuwara Eliya to Kandy is most scenic cycling trail based in Tea Plantation. It is simply exploring the greenish tea trails and British planters’ inheritance to Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya to Kandy cycle tours is the longest downhill cycling tour in Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya to Kandy starts from your Nuwara Eliya hotel or Race Cross entrance. Nuwara Eliya to Ramboda about 40 Km downhill and you will enjoy the nature and stunning landscapes without sweating. Enroute you will visit to Tea Factory, experience tea manufacturing process and refresh with a cup of tea.
After the refreshments break, continue the cycle tour to Kandy through the Tea Plantations and Ramboda to Kandy is a mixed terrain. Still, you will enjoy the nature and beautiful landscapes.
Entire cycling trail beauty of the experience never ends and en route you will visit to local house and experience tea planters, living style, customs. You will enjoy the traditional snack of tea workers. After the refreshment break, you will continue to Kandy. Nuwara Eliya to Kandy cycling tour will end nearby the Kandy city limits.
Nuwara Eliya to Kandy cycle tour is approx. distance 90 Km–100 Km and it is downhill and mixed cycling trail. Elevation starts from 1880 meters (Nuwara Eliya) to 500 meters (Kandy).
At Nuwara Eliya Hotel
Nearby the Kandy city limits
At 7.30 a.m.
Total distance 90 Km - 100 Km
( from starting point to Tea workers’ village distance 20 Km, it is uphill challenging cycling trail.
- First part 40 Km downhill up to Ramboda.
- Second part of the cycle tour from Ramboda to Kandy is mixed terrain - 52 Km.
Approx. 6 hrs.
- Approx. time reaching to Kandy around 4.00 p.m. (with breaks)
Tour Difficulty Level
First part of the cycle tour is soft and downhill (Nuwara Eliya to Ramboda).
Second part of the cycle tour is challenging–mixed trail (Ramboda to Kandy)
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies and high blood pressure patients.
- Recommended age 15 years and above.
- casual dress or cycling outfit
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
Cycling in Scenic Tea Planation and experience the tea picking
Explore the nature and stunning landscapes
Experience tea workers are living style, culture and hospitality
Tea Factory visit and experience the tea manufacturing process
Refreshing with a hot cup of tea
Taste the local snacks and Rotti while cycling
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.