Whale watching in Trincomalee is exciting things to do in Trincomalee and whale watching in Trincomalee is the only and best place in East coast exploring the biggest mammals of the planet. Sri Lanka is a blessed hotspot of wildlife enthusiastic people, photographers exploring the Big Game safari outside the Africa and nobody believe such a wilderness experience on a small island. Sri Lanka is the only place in Asia able to explore the whale watching throughout the year.
Sri Lanka whale watching can do Southern coast from November–April and Trincomalee whale watching can do from May–October.
Trincomalee coast is not depth coast comparative to other whale watching coast in Sri Lanka hence you need to sail 15 NM–20 NM from the shore spot the whale sightings. Trincomalee Whale sightings varied and best whale sightings available in Trincomalee May, July–August and possibility whale sighing in Trincomalee 80%. Trincomalee whales are immigrating whales and you will get the whale sightings while whales moving to next destination. You can spot a bunch of sperm whales End of April–mid May and it is a phenomenal experience in East coast.
But you will not miss mad race with a bunch of dolphins in Trincomalee. At a time, you will enjoy the race with thousands of dolphins swimming faster than your boat. Trincomalee whale watching tour never feels monotonous, because while you are enjoying the whale watching in Trincomalee, you will explore beautiful landscapes such as historical Thirukoneswaram Hindu temple, Dutch Fort and Trincomalee natural harbour entrance.
mostly Trincomalee whale watching tour able to spot following mammal species.
- Blue whale
- Fin whale
- Sperm whale
- Pilot whales
- Whale shark
- Spinner’s dolphins
- Bottle nose dolphins
- Risso’s dolphins
“To see a Blue Wheal in its natural habitat is something most of us can only dream of. To see more than one in a lifetime would be a very rare experience reserved for a fortunate lot. The good news is that in Sri Lanka you can see so many of them just a few hours from the island’s southern shore and it is an amazing experience in your holiday in Sri Lanka”
- Report to My Ceylon Adventures Trinco whale watching office in Uppaveli at 5.30 a.m.
- Safety briefing and preparation at 5.45 a.m.
At 6 a.m. proceed whale watching tour
Returning to shore at 8.30 a.m. -9 a.m.
It is a 2–3 hrs whale watching tour
Refresh with coconut drink
Whale Watching Boat Specification
- Boat engine capacity 25 - 40 h.p.
- Life Jackets available
- maximum passengers per boat 6 pax.
- Fire extinguishers and first aids available
- Casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
Children (5 Years–12 Years)
Children (below 4 Years)
Private Whale watching Tour
Explore the biggest mammals of the planet
Stunning landscape such as Dutch Fort, Thirukoneswaram Hindu temple and Harbour Entrance
Local fishers’ way of fishing
Mad race with thousands of dolphin
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.