Mirissa is not just a small fishery village in southern coast and Mirissa is the best blue whale watching spot in the world. Sri Lanka surrounded by Indian ocean and Mirissa a blessed spot blue whale watching in southern coast. Southern coast is the best things to do is whale watching in Mirissa.
Mirissa whale watching is a seasonal thing to do and from November–April is the best season whales watching in Mirissa. After the Second Inter Monsoon Season (October–November) Indian ocean–Sri Lanka west coast calm down and comfortably people can sail on Sri Lanka west coast. From December–February is the peak of the Mirissa whale watching and you can comfortably spot follow species in Mirissa.
- Blue whale
- Fin whale
- Bryde’s whale
- Sperm whale
- Pilot whales
- Dwarf whale
- Whale shark
- Orca (killer whales)
- Spinner’s dolphins
- Bottle nose dolphins
- Risso’s dolphins
My Ceylon Adventures operates whale watching in Mirissa with a responsible manner and My Ceylon Adventures conduct the operation minimum disturbance to the whale. My Ceylon Adventures whale watching tour in Mirissa in house operation and we will assure over 90% of whale sightings guaranteed operation.
To see a Blue Wheal in its natural habitat is something most of us can only dream of. To see more than one in a lifetime would be a very rare experience reserved for a fortunate lot. The good news is that in Sri Lanka you can see so many of them just a few hours from the island’s southern shore and it is an amazing experience in your holiday in Sri Lanka
- Report to My Ceylon Adventures whale watching office or Mirissa fishery harbour at 6 a.m.
- Meet the supporting crew and purchase the wildlife entrance tickets.
- Transfer to Whale watching boat for boarding the passengers.
- Welcome you will cup of tea or coffee.
- Coast guard registration at the boat.
- Safety and whale watching operation briefing by zoologist.
At 7 a.m. leave the shore
It is a 3–5 hrs sailing tour
- 8.30 – 9 a.m. breakfast, bottled water will offer at the boat with fruits.
- Returning to shore, coconut drink offered to refresh.
Whale Watching Boat Specification
- Monohull boat and 45 feet length and 15 feet width boat.
- Boat engine capacity 260 H.p.
- Life Jackets available
- 4 supporting crew with captain.
- maximum passengers’ capacity 35 pax.
- Fire extinguishers and first aids available.
- Washroom and toilets available in the boat.
- Two decks and open area available to do the photography.
- Casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
Children (5 Years–12 Years)
Children (below 4 Years)
Explore the biggest mammals of the planet (above species)
Stunning landscape with Sun rising
Local fishers’ way of fishing
International ship course and ship movements
Turtles and fishing spots
Dondra lighthouse and Dondra point landscapes
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.