Fishing in Hikkaduwa is an exciting and challenging experience. Hikkaduwa also naturally blessed with many fishing spots because vast coral reef creates foods and home for many fish species. Hikkaduwa fishing tour takes place 6 NM–12 NM away from the coast. Hikkaduwa fishing season starts from after the second monsoon ends (November–April) and best fishing period from February–March. Possibility of Hikkaduwa fishing during the period over 90%.
Hikkaduwa fishing tour accompany with well experienced local fishing crew and they will direct you great fishing spots using their experiences.
First Inter Monsoon Season (March–April)
South-West Monsoon Season (May–September)
Second Inter Monsoon Season (October–November)
North-East Monsoon Season (December–February)
Deep Sea Fishing in Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa fishing tour is taking place 6 - 12 NM away from the shore and it is 3 - 4 hrs trolling fishing tour in Hikkaduwa. There will be a local fishing guide, who has experience over 15 years and he will take you fishing spots based on his experience. If you are beginners, then he will teach you using the fishing rods and he will share some fishing techniques with you.
possible Fish species
Yellow fin tuna
Big eye Tuna
Blue Marlin and marlin
At Hikkaduwa fishing point (you will pickup from the hotel 1 hrs before starting the fishing tour and at 6 a.m. report to the Hikkaduwa fishing point)
- Morning fishing tour starts at 6.30 a.m–10.30 a.m
- Evening fishing tour starts at 3 p.m–6.30 p.m
Note: we are highly recommending morning fishing session and possibility of fishing so high.
Between 3 - 4 hrs.
After the fishing tour, local lunch at a restaurant or if evening chilled beer
Standard Local Fishing Boat Specification
- Local standard motor boat 19.5 ft length and 5 feet width boat.
- Boat engine capacity 15 - 40 H.p.
- Life Jackets available
- maximum capacity 3 guest per boat
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
Fishing trip on Standard Local Fishing Boat with Sri Lankan seafood lunch
Grilled Supplement with Two beers
Private guided fishing tour (3 - 4 hrs)
Local sea food lunch at a local restaurant
Explore Beautiful Hikkaduwa coast landscaping
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.