Whale and dolphin watching in Kalpitiya is another things to do in Kalpitiya and its season from November - April. you can explore whales and dolphins Mirissa, Kalpitiya and Trincomalee.
Whale and dolphin watching in Kalpitiya is not just a whale watching in Sri Lanka and you will explore footprints of the Adam’s bridge and beautiful landscapes in North-western coast.
Year round whale sightings not available in Kalpitiya coast like Mirissa - Southern coast. Kalpitiy whales are migrating species hence from January–March you can spot the whales in Kalpitiya. whale and dolphin watching tour takes 2–4 hrs and sail 8–10 NM from the shore. mostly Kalpitiya able to spot following mammal species.
- Blue whale
- Fin whale
- Bryde’s whale
- Sperm whale
- Pilot whales
- Whale shark
- Spinner’s dolphins
- Bottle nose dolphins
- Risso’s dolphins
Every December to March, thousands of dolphins make a sudden dash through the calm sea off Kalpitiya on the North-Western coast of Sri Lanka to an unknown location for reasons best known to them. If you are lucky enough to encounter this rare phenomenon, it will be one of the most amazing things you have ever seen in your life.
- Report to My Ceylon Adventures Kalpitiya - Norochchola at 6 a.m.
- Welcome to you with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Meet the supporting crew and purchase the wildlife entrance tickets.
- Transfer to Whale watching boat for boarding the passengers
- Safety and whale watching operation briefing by Boatman
At 6.30 a.m. leave the shore
It is a 2–4 hrs sailing tour
Returning to shore, coconut drink offered to refresh
Whale Watching Boat Specification
- Boat engine capacity 40 h.p.
- Life Jackets available
- maximum passengers per boat 6–10 pax.
- Fire extinguishers and first aids available
- Casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
Private 6 Pax Boat
Private 10 Pax boat
Explore the biggest mammals of the planet (above species)
Stunning landscape with Sun rising
Local fishers’ way of fishing
Kalpitiya power plant
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.