Trekking in Kithulgala is a unique experience and Kithulgala Trekking tour explore about the nature. Kithulgala, naturally blessed with water and wet climate, gives greenish nature. Trekking in Kithulgala is a unique experience and Kithulgala Trekking tour explore about the nature.
Makanadawa Forest located bordering to Kalani River and Makanadawa Forest specialised bird watching. There are 8–10 endemic bird species in Makanadawa Forest and you can spot the Black Eagle, the Trogon, Sri Lanka Orange-billed babbler, Chestnut backed owlet, the blue magpie, and the Red Faced Malkoha. Makanadawa Forest land extends 195 hectares and there are 3 waterfalls (Makulella falls, Makulala and Lenthriella Falls). There is a monastery and meditating Buddhist monks, but during the trekking tour, you will not visit this monastery as part of the tour because your visit might disturb to meditation programme.
Trekking in Kithulgala Makanadawa Forest is about 3–5 Km and you will explore the Fauna and flora. It is scenic and nature trekking explore about the nature deeply.
Plantation Hotel Kithulgala
Trekking tour available 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Trekking distance 4 – 5 Km
Between 2 – 3 hrs.
Trekking safety briefing at the site by Trekking guide
Tour Difficulty Level
Soft trekking Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
No health restrictions and age barriers
- Casual dress
- Good sunscreen and sunglass.
- Animal and bird related guidance book
Explore Scenic nature and fauna
Explore the waterfall in the forest
Nature walks in the forest about approx. 3 - 5 Km
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.