Kandy trekking tour in Alagalla Mountain based on Pothapitiya city which 25 Km away from the Kandy city. Trekking and hiking tours in Kandy are the best way to explore the nature and viewpoint of the Kandy. Alagalla mounting is not just a mountain, and it is highly significant military point over 200 years ago during the Kandy kingdom. Alagalla Mountain–Balana Pass military point was a key strategic military base when was the British invasion taken place in Sri Lanka. Alagalla mountain bio-diversified place and there are much endemic flora and fauna in Alagalla mountain. It is a sharp point mountain and approx. Distance of the hike about 2 Km and total trekking & hiking distance about 6 Km. it is soft trekking in Kandy.
At Pothapitiya Bus stand (Approx. 40 min - 1 hr. drive from Kandy)
Balana Railway station
Morning Tour starts at 9 a.m. pick up you by Tuk Tuk from the hotel (You will meet the local guide at 10.30 a.m.)
Approx. trekking and hiking distance 6 Km
Between 2 – 3 hrs.
- Alagalla Mountain Trekking will end around 12.30 p.m. and en route to visit to local house.
- After the local lunch, you will proceed to Balana Pass by Tuk Tuk.
- Explore the ancient Balana Pass military base.
- Reports to Balana Railway station at 2.10 p.m. and returns train to Kandy at 2.40 p.m.
- Approx. duration of train journey 20 – 30 min.
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass.
- We do not recommend pregnant ladies, high blood pleasure patients and fit not enough elderly person
Explore the nature and beauty of the Kandy Countryside
Tea picking and local house experience
Explore the beautiful landscapes and viewpoints
Scenic Train journey from Balana to Kandy
En route visit to local historical temple
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.