Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa Cycle Tour is an amazing cycle tour in Sigiriya and it is not just exploring the history cycle tour in Sigiriya. Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa Cycle Tour based in the countryside and while you are cycling, you will explore the ancient irrigation, paddy cultivation system and people living style in the countryside.
You will start the Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa Cycle Tour from your hotel in Sigiriya and cycle through countryside, spot the colourful picklock dancing by the roadside, cycling along with greenish paddy fields and over the water tanks to Polonnaruwa. You will get the 1st break in Bakamuna junction after the 30–35 Km cycling from Sigiriya. After the refreshments you will continue the Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa Cycle Tour along with giant canal about 15–20 Km and it is very scenic and you will explore the nature and beauty of the countryside.
You will cycle along with two national park boundaries (Wasgamuwa and Angammadilla national park) and if you are lucky enough, you might spot wild elephants near the elephant fence. This cycle is not touristic cycling trail and many travelers missing this experience due to lack of information. It is a remote cycling trail but you will explore truly beauty of the countryside back roads. You will get the second (2nd) break before or after the passing National Park boundary area.
After the national Park boundary, you will cycle along with countryside and along with Parakrama samudraya water tank. It is the most phenomenal part of the Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa cycle Tour. One side you will experience the Polonnaruwa inland ocean and other side you will explore the amazing greenish paddy fields spread over a thousand of acres.
Once you reach to Polonnaruwa, you will get the lunch at the local house and you will experience basic cooking demonstration. After the lunch you will cycle to Polonnaruwa ruin city and explore the 2nd Kingdom history and cultures. It is a 10–15 Km soft cycle tour with local expert guide of the Polonnaruwa historical site. You will explore the ancient architecting and engineering skills.
After the Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa cycle tour, you can stay in Polonnaruwa with your own arrangements, or you will transfer to Sigiriya by supporting truck or Tuk Tuck.
Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa cycle tour is experiencing all about beauty of the countryside and over the 2000-year-old history.
Starting Point from your hotel in Sigiriya/ Dambulla/ Habarana
At Sigiriya (Return to Sigiriya by car or Tuk Polonnaruwa)
At 7.00 a.m.
Approx. total cycling distance 100 Km – 110 Km
- Sigiriya to Bakamuna junction and refresh with cup of tea or coffee with local snacks.
- You will cycle along with Giant Canal and refresh with some tropical fruits.
- You will cycle in between two national park boundaries.
About 8 hrs.
- Around 12 p.m. you will reach to Polonnaruwa and continue to Local restaurant for lunch.
- Again, cycle tour starts at 1 p.m. and explores the historical site about 3 hrs.
- You can have a quick swim at Polonnaruwa lake.
- After the 5 p.m. you will leave the Polonnaruwa and proceed to Sigiriya.
Tour Difficulty Level
Moderated Cycling Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Recommended age 12 Years and above.
- casual dress or cycling outfit.
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
- Shawl, cover your legs and shoulder during the temple visit
Explore the beauty of the Countryside
Explore different cultivation methods and ancient irrigation system
Integration with local paddy farmers’
Explore the wilderness while on two wheels and cycle through the national park boundary
Cycle over the water tanks and explore the stunning landscapes
Polonnaruwa historical museum visit
Local lunch with cooking demonstration
Polonnaruwa UNESCO historical site visit
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.