Sigiriya to Anuradhapura cycling tour in through the countryside and it is 85 Km moderated cycling trail. While you are cycling to Anuradhapura, ruin city is not just a paddling cycle tour in Sigiriya. It is exploring the beauty of countryside and it is really worth cycle tour explore about the beauty of Sri Lanka. Mostly you will get flat terrain and from Sigiriya to Anuradhapura cycle tour based in over the water tanks, greenish paddy fields. You will cross over many small and medium ancient man-made water tanks, you will enjoy the nature, colourful birds, ancient irrigation system and paddy cultivation system.
Sigiriya to Anuradhapura cycle tour exploring about the 1st kingdom of Sri Lanka and en route you will visit to The Avukana Rajamaha Viharaya. You will experience world class masterpiece creation of The Avukana Buddha statue. It is amazing exploration about the Sri Lanka history and beauty of countryside.
Once you reach to Anuradhapura, you will locally lunch at a local restaurant and, after the refreshing, continue the cycle tour exploring about the Anuradhapura historical city. You will cycle about 10–15 Km in Anuradhapura ruin city.
After the Anuradhapura Ruin city tour, you will return to Sigiriya by Tuk Tuk or My Ceylon Adventures Back-up vehicle. If you wish to stay in Anuradhapura after the cycle tour, we will transfer you to Anuradhapura hotel by Tuk Tuk or Back-up vehicle.
From your hotel in Sigiriya/ Dambulla/ Habarana
After the Sigiriya to Anuradhapura cycle tour end, you will return to Sigiriya by Tuk Tuk or our back up truck. Or if you wish to end the cycle tour in Anuradhapura, we will arrange the transfer to Drop you in Anuradhapura hotel.
At 7 a.m.
Approx. total cycling distance 100 Km – 110 Km
- Sigiriya to Aukahana Buddha Statue approx. distance 55 Km and cycle duration 4 hrs. (1st Break)
- After the refreshment, continue to Anuradhapura and approx. distance 35 Km – 40 Km.
- 2nd Break at Anuradhapura ruin city and lunch at local restaurant.
- After the few minute break, you will continue the Anuradhapura Ruin city cycle tour
About 8 hrs.
Tour Difficulty Level
Moderated Cycling Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Recommended age 12 Years and above.
- Casual dress or cycling outfit
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
- Shawl, cover your legs and shoulder during the temple visit.
Explore the beauty of the Countryside
Explore the cultivation, ancient irrigation system
Integration with local paddy farmers’
Visit Aukahana Buddha statue
Exploring the Anuradhapura Ruin City
Historical and social folk tales and Sri Lanka History
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.