Cycling tour in Polonnaruwa ruin city explore about the history of 2nd Kingdom. Polonnaruwa cycle tour based in Polonnaruwa ruin city and countryside of around the Polonnaruwa ruin city. Cycling in Polonnaruwa ruin city start from the King palace and Polonnaruwa ruin city cycle tour is soft cycle tour and about 20 km – 25 km. Polonnaruwa ruin city cycle tour covers all the iconic and interesting historical places with expert local guide.
Polonnaruwa was the 2nd Kingdom of Sri Lanka and Polonnaruwa was the kingdom city made with fortified with three concentric walls, beautified with parks and gardens and sanctified by many shrines. Polonnaruwa shows the interesting blend of the influence of the South Indian Hindu culture on the Sinhala Buddhist art and architecture in the scattered shrines and monuments still venerated daily by devotees.
From your Polonnaruwa hotel.
Back at the starting point (hotel).
Morning cycle ride starts at 8 a.m. and evening ride starts at 1 p.m. (local time).
Approximately 20 – 25 km on a soft cycling trail.
Between 3 – 4 hours.
Ruin City Ticket
Tour Difficulty Level
- Soft Cycling Trail.
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Recommended age 12 Years and above.
- Smart casual dress or cycling outfit.
- Good sunscreen and sunglass.
- Shawl cover your legs and shoulder during the temple visit.
- Kings Palace.
- King’s council chamber.
- Circular Buddha monuments (Watadage).
- Hindu Temples.
- Lavished with moonstones.
- The King’s Council Chamber the floral stone pillars of Nissanka Lata Mandapaya.
- King’s pond.
- Kiri Vehera (white Temple).
- Gal Viharaya.
- Pothgul Viharaya (Pulasthi Rishi – guardian sage Library).
Polonnaruwa Museum visit (30 mins)
Cycle to Polonnaruwa Ruin City, exploring the history
Explore the 2nd Kingdom history and visit historical places
Visit to local house experience the living style
Explore monkeys’ living style
Experience spicy Sri Lankan lunch and basic cooking demonstration
Explore agriculture and irrigation system
Visit Historical Kelaniya Buddhist Temple
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.