Negombo inland fishing tours take place in Negombo Lagoon. It is the biggest lagoon in Sri Lanka and Negombo lagoon is the most nature diversified lagoon in Sri Lanka. Apart from fishing, you can be exploring nature, endemic and migrating bird species, mangrove, islands, crabs and prawn farms and unique lagoon fishing technique.
Negombo is the best place for inland fishing in Sri Lanka and experiences many things in one activity.
There are 30 exotic fish species in fresh water and some of them are conservation of wildlife, NADA and NARA. You will fish mainly following species in Negombo lagoon.
- Barramundi (Modha)
- Smooth Breasted Snakehead
- Ceylon Snakehead
- Red Snapper (Thambalaya)
Starting and Ending
- Morning (6.30 a.m.–10.30 a.m.)
- Evening (3.00 p.m. – 6.30 p.m.)
Note: we are highly recommending morning fishing session and possibility of fishing so high.
Near the Jetwing Beach Hotel in Negombo and you need to report for 30 minutes before starting the session
Near the Jetwing Beach Hotel in Negombo
- Local standard motor boat 15 – 19 feel length and 5 feet width boat.
- Boat engine capacity 25 h.p.
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
- Interesting readings (If you are not patient enough 😊)
Explore the nature and beauty of the Lagoon
Explore Mangrove and island monkeys
Private guided fishing tour
Crab and prawns framing
Traditional & unique lagoon fishing methods
Visit local boat crafting place
Visiting to local fish market and explore the salty fishing process
Local sea food lunch at fisher’s house
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.