Kandy to Sigiriya cycle tour is a wonderful epic cycling tour in Kandy. You will cycle to Sigiriya through the pristine Knuckles forest and countryside. Kandy to Sigiriya cycle Tour starts from Matale (Rattota) 35 Km away from Kandy, skipping the hustle and bustle town area.
From Rattota to Riverstone, top climbing is 17 km and elevation start from 300 meters to 1430 meters. It is the hardest part of the Kandy to Sigiriya cycle tour. Riverstone is the summit of Knuckles mountain range and it is the hardest part of the cycling tour. Once you reach to summit, you will do mini walk to Knuckles gap and explore the viewpoint of the Knuckles mountain range. After the refreshment break you will continue the cycle tour to Sigiriya through countryside.
Riverstone to Hettipola (bottom of Knuckles range) is mixed terrain and you will get mostly downhills about 24 Km and from Hettipola to Bakamuna junction is a flat terrain and you will explore the countryside and flat land landscapes. It is approx. distance 35 Km and once you reach to Bakamuna junction will get local spicy lunch or snack with hot tea. After the break, you will continue the cycle tour to Sigiriya.
Bakamuna to Sigiriya cycle trail based on mixed terrain and it is 35 Km soft flat terrain. You will explore the ancient irrigation system, paddy cultivation and people living style. While you cycling to Sigiriya, if you are lucky enough, you might spot wild elephants near the boundary of the forest and it is scenic and wonderful cycling tour in Sri Lanka. En route, you might experience the paddy cultivation and integration with local farmers.
At 9 a.m. ( Early morning, you will pick up from the hotel at 7 a.m. and proceed to starting Point )
Approx. cycling distance 110 Km
About 8 hrs. (Refreshment breaks unlimited and up on the request)
Tour Difficulty Level
Medium Hard Cycling Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Recommended age 12 Years and above.
- casual dress or cycling outfit.
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
Explore the Knuckles mountain range nature
Knuckle’s mountain view point walk (2 Km)
Explore the beauty of the Countryside
Cycle over the water tanks and explore the stunning landscapes
Explore the cultivation, ancient irrigation system
Integration with local paddy farmers’
Experience local snacks and lunch
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.