Inland fishing in Polonnaruwa takes place in “Parakrama Samudraya water tank” and it is man built water tank. It is collecting the rain water and pump it to cultivation by Great Parakmabahu King (1153–1186). Parakrama Samudraya water tank 2nd biggest water tank in Sri Lanka. Parakrama Samudraya water tank is the key tank supply the water entire Polonnaruwa district.
If you are looking to experience inland fishing tour while you are spending holiday, then Polonnaruwa inland fishing is the one of best place to do the inland fishing. Polonnaruwa inland fishing tour will take place with local typical fisher.
Polonnaruwa fishing takes place traditional way using a local fishing rod and after the fishing you will experience the way of local fishers living style.
Fish species in Polonnaruwa lakes.
- Smooth Breasted Snakehead
- Ceylon Snakehead
- Red Snapper (Thambalaya)
- Tilapia (Korali)
Starting and Ending
- Morning (6.30 a.m.–10.30 a.m.)
- Evening (3.00 p.m. – 6.30 p.m.)
Note: we are highly recommending morning fishing session and possibility of fishing so high.
Report to Pothhul Viharaya at 6 a.m. and we will pick any hotel in Polonnaruwa.
Local standard paddling canoe with boatman
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
- Interesting readings (If you are not patient enough 😊)
Explore the nature and beauty of Countryside
Private guided fishing tour
Local people living style and snacks
Experience the Traditional fishing methods
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.