Hot Air Ballooning in Sri Lanka is exciting things to do in Sigiriya and it is a different way of exploring the beauty of Sigiriya countryside in bird's-eye view. Hot Air Ballooning in Sri Lanka operates only in Sigiriya and you can explore the stunning landscapes in the air.
Sigiriya Hot Air Ballooning is a seasonal operation and after the second inter-monsoon (October–November) ends every year, Sigiriya Hot Air Ballooning starting in every November. Before the Southwest -monsoon Season starts in May, Sri Lanka Hot Air Ballooning season will be ended.
Hot Air Ballooning in Sigiriya is highly weather sensitive activity in Sigiriya. If wind speed increase over the <14 mph Hot Air Ballooning activity will be canceled. Optimum wind speed for the hot air ballooning 9–12 mph. Sigiriya hot air ballooning starting point from Kandalama school (near the Kandalama Lake–12 Km away from Sigiriya rock) and ending point will acknowledge prior to fly and landing point depends on the particular day wind direction.
Up, Up and away It is the hot-air balloon season in Sri Lanka
Few can resist a bird's-eye view of dramatic landscapes, a drift over thick jungle canopies and the thrill and serenity of a hot-air balloon flight. November to April is the best time to soar over Sri Lanka’s spectacular countryside and gaze down upon villages and wildlife as the rising sun brings to life the landscape with vibrant shades of color
Pick up you from your hotel and pick up time depends on your hotel location.
Hotel Pick up schedule
Habarana–pick up time at 4.30 a.m.
Sigiriya–pick up time at 5 a.m.
Dambulla–pick up time at 5.15 a.m.
Kandalama–pick up time at 5.30 a.m.
Take off the balloon at 6 a.m. and (30 min) to flying level
- Flying duration 30 – 1 hr. (depending on the wind speed and weather factors)
- Landing starting around 8 a.m. and landing duration (30 – 45 min)
Flying height between 500 ft–2000 ft.
- After the landing refreshing with toasted with champagne, fruit juice and chilled bottled water.
- Return transfers will arrange after the refreshments
Hot Air Ballooning
Health advises and age restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Recommended kids over 1 year
- Smart casual dress
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
- Hat/ Cap or head craft (protect the Air) by heat of the silencer
Explore the beauty of the Sigiriya Countryside in Bird eye
Explore the Iconic landscapes in Sigiriya Rock, Dambulla Golden Cave Temple, Sun Rise over the Kandalama Lake, greenish paddy fields, forest & nature and ancient irrigation system
Bird's-eye view experience
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.