Galle fort walking tour is the best way of deeply exploring the colonial inheritance and relationship with local community. Galle fort walks conducted by well experienced local historical guide and he will blend history. Interesting folktales in his demonstration goes beyond the Portuguese arrivals. It is a comprehensive historical tour interestingly. You will traditional unique hand craft belongs to southern coast during the Galle fort walk.
There are 33 colonial forts around the Sri Lanka and 22 forts in the coastal belt. Galle fort is the only fort still available colonial inheritance as it is. You will explore the Portuguese history (1505–1658), Dutch history (1640–1796) and British history (1792–1948). You will explore the political, economic and social insight of colonials.
You will walk with entire 52 hectares (130 acres) and you will expand historical knowledge in a more broad way. In his demonstration you will experience colonial architecting differences and Portuguese, Dutch and British ruling system, way of mange the ports.
At Amangalla Hotel
At Amangalla Hotel
- Morning Galle fort walking tour starts at 8.30 a.m.
- Evening Galle fort walking tour starts at 3 p.m.
3 hrs walking tour
Refreshments during the walk
Tour Difficulty Level
Soft walking tour
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen and sunglass.
Ancient port and administrative structure
Explore the history of Colonials and ancient political situation
Portuguese contributions of the Galle fort and architecting
Dutch contributions and architecting designs
Galle fort hierarchy levels and socialization
Hand craft, gem cutting and polishing
Light house and viewpoint of the Galle harbour
Clip jumpers in Galle fort
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.