Sri Lanka blessed with great fishing spot around the Indian ocean. Southern cost is best fishing spot fishing in Tuna and Tangalle fishing tour is another thing to do in Tangalle on your beach holiday in Sri Lanka. Tangalle fishing tour is trolling fishing, and it is 2 MN away from the coast. Possibility of fishing in Tangalle is over 80% and possible fishing species is Tuna, skipjack tuna, Wahoo and Giant trevally. Southern coast is a paradise for Tuna Fishing.
Tangalle fishing tour is a guided fishing tour with local fisher and he will take you high possible fishing spots with unlimited fun with fishing in Tangalle.
Deep sea trolling fishing is the best way to do the fishing in Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka naturally blessed with warm water around the island. Sri Lanka is the one of best fishing spot in the world. You can do fishing throughout the year and fishing spots may vary because of the monsoon effects.
There are 4 monsoon changes in Sri Lanka and 2 major monsoon changes affect Tangalle fishing in Sri Lanka. First inter monsoon and North-East monsoon season are major monsoons effect Southern coast fishing.
First Inter Monsoon Season (March–April)
South-West Monsoon Season (May–September)
Second Inter Monsoon Season (October–November)
North-East Monsoon Season (December–February)
Tangalle coast belongs to South-West and South-West coast season is from November–April. Due to warm waves and the current of the ocean, Tangalle’s best fishing season is November - April.
Deep Sea Fishing in Tangalle
Tangalle fishing tour is taking place 2–8 NM away from the shore and it is 3 - 4 hrs trolling fishing tour in Tangalle. There will be a local fishing guide, who has experience over 20 years and he will take you fishing spots based on his experience. If you are beginners, then he will teach you using the fishing rods and he will share some fishing techniques with you.
possible Fish species
Yellow fin tuna
Big eye Tuna
Near the Amanwella silent beach (Pickup from the hotel 1 hrs before starting the fishing tour)
- Morning fishing tour starts at 6.30 a.m–10.30 a.m
- Evening fishing tour starts at 3 p.m–6.30 p.m
Note: we are highly recommending morning fishing session and possibility of fishing so high.
Between 3 hrs
Standard Local Fishing Boat Specification
- Local standard motor boat 19.5 ft length and 5 feet width boat.
- Boat engine capacity 15 H.p.
- Life Jackets available
- maximum capacity 3 guest per boat
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
Fishing trip on Standard Local Fishing Boat with Sri Lankan seafood lunch
Grilled Supplement with Two beers
Private guided fishing tour (3 - 4 hrs)
Local sea food lunch at a local restaurant
Visiting to local fish market and explore the local fishery harbour
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.