Fishing in Galle challenging experience and Galle is another hot fishing spot in Southern coast. Galle also blessed with many fishing spots around the Galle coast. Galle fishing tour takes place in Unawatuna. Galle fishing tour another exciting things to do in Galle.
Galle fishing tour takes place 6 NM–8 NM away from the coast and fishing in Galle best season are February–April and October–December. Possibility of fishing in Galle during that period over 90% and Southern coast fishing season starts from November–April because of the after second inter monsoon ends southern coast wind direction change, hence Southern Ocean calm.
First Inter Monsoon Season (March–April)
South-West Monsoon Season (May–September)
Second Inter Monsoon Season (October–November)
North-East Monsoon Season (December–February)
Deep Sea Fishing in Galle
Galle fishing tour is taking place 6 - 8 NM away from the shore and it is 3 - 4 hrs trolling fishing tour in Galle. There will be a local fishing guide, who has experience over 15 years and he will take you fishing spots based on his experience. If you are beginners, then he will teach you using the fishing rods and he will share some fishing techniques with you.
possible Fish species
Yellow fin tuna
Big eye Tuna
Blue Marlin and marlin
At the Unawatuna fishing point (Pickup from the hotel 1 hrs before starting the fishing tour)
- Morning fishing tour starts at 6.30 a.m–10.30 a.m
- Evening fishing tour starts at 3 p.m–6.30 p.m
Note: we are highly recommending morning fishing session and possibility of fishing so high.
Between 3 - 4 hrs
After the fishing tour, local lunch at restaurant or if evening chilled beer
Standard Local Fishing Boat Specification
- Local standard motor boat 19.5 ft length and 5 feet width boat.
- Boat engine capacity 15 H.p.
- Life Jackets available
- maximum capacity 3 guest per boat
- casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
Fishing trip on Standard Local Fishing Boat with Sri Lankan seafood lunch
Grilled Supplement with Two beers
Private guided fishing tour (3 - 4 hrs)
Local sea food lunch at a local restaurant
Explore Beautiful Galle fort landscaping and Galle port
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.