Sigiriya cycling tour is exploring about the beauty of the Lion Rock countryside and blends with local authentic experiences. Sigiriya cycling tour based around the Lion Rocks and it is an experiential cycle tour in Sri Lanka. It is experience about way of people living, customs, foods and cultivation. You will cycle through the greenish paddy fields and in between cycle tour you will visit to paddy field and you will experience the local farmers’ cultivation methods and believes. Sigiriya cycle tour is soft and based on countryside flat terrains. It is cycling over the water tanks, experience the ancient irrigation and cultivation system.
In between the cycle tour you will visit to local farmer’s house and Famer’s wife warmly welcome your traditional way with authentic smile. She gives basic cooking demonstration and you can also try cook with farmer’s wife. She will offer spicy Sri Lankan lunch and then after the lunch you can experience the canoeing in the lake and it is an ideal tour for photographer or experience way of Sri Lanka countryside functioned. You will experience the ancient time self-sufficiency of countryside, living style and local foods.
After the lunch you will continue the cycle ride along the countryside. Sigiriya cycle tour is not just a paddling and you will experience definitely beautiful countryside of Sigiriya and many authentic experiences.
From your hotel in Sigiriya/ Dambulla
At your hotel or Sigiriya Rest House or convenient place for you
Morning Cycle ride Starting at 8.30 a.m. and evening ride starts at 3 p.m.
Approx. cycle distance about 25 – 30 Km (Sigiriya cycle tour is a soft cycling trail & cycle Route 80% countryside gravel roads)
Between 3 - 4 Hrs
Tour Difficulty Level
Soft Cycling Trail
Health Advices & Age Restrictions
- We do not advise pregnant ladies.
- Recommended age 12 Years and above.
- Smart casual dress
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
Explore the Sigiriya Countryside
Cultivational, ancient irrigation system
Integration with local paddy farmers’
Famer’s house visits and cooking demonstration with lunch
Historical and social folk tales and Sri Lanka History
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.