Galle fort cycling tour is exploring about the colonial inheritance and Galle fort cycle tour based in within the fort premises. Galle fort is the best evidence still remaining out of the 33 forts around the country. Portuguese constructed 22 Forts around the coastal belt and few inside the country specially the Trading goods available cities. Out of 22 Portuguese forts at the moment 04 forts in good condition, 10 forts destroyed and 8 forts remaining as ruins. Dutch East Indian Company constructed 11 forts and 5 forts still remining good condition, other 6 forts destroyed or ruins.
Galle fort initially built by Portuguese army in 1541 with three bastions and Dutch East Indian company took over 1640. Dutch expanded Galle fort 52 hectares and Galle fort developed upto present level by Dutch East Indian company. Galle Dutch fort is the best fort in Sri Lanka explore the inheritance of colonials.
Cycling tour in Galle is comprehensive Galle fort tour with local history expert. He is living in the fort more than 40 years and you will hear folktales which is not written historical documentaries or journals. He will share some local experience and historical knowledge about local kings and colonial influences. Galle fort cycling tour is the best way of exploring the colonial history.
Starting point Near the Amangalla hotel in Dutch Fort
Galle Fort tour cycling tour available 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Approx. total cycling distance 6 Km - 8 Km
About 2 Hrs.
Tour Difficulty Level
Soft Cycling Trail
- Casual dress or cycling outfit
- Good sunscreen and sunglass
Explore the Colonial inheritance
Identify Portuguese, Dutch and English architecting skills
Explore the complete history and folktales related to Galle Fort
Explore each street uniqueness and people living style
Unique handcraft in Southern coast
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.