Sigiriya village experience tour about exploring ancient Sri Lankan lived style, custom and self-sufficiency of countryside. Sigiriya Village tour is an experiential tour, and it is a comprehensive experience of countryside people living style of Sri Lanka.
Explore beauty of Sri Lanka Countryside and experience traditional village way of functioning. You can experience ancient transportation methods, farming and paddy fields, irrigation system, locals’ customs and hospitality.
50 years ago, Sri Lanka key inland transport method was Bullock Cart. Ancient time bullock carts used goods transport; passenger transport as well. Sri Lanka used bulls for the transport is freely availability and bulls able to carry out heavy weight than any other animals. As passengers’ women, children travel by Bullock cart and most of the time men used to walk and on and off allowed to travel with women. your Sigiriya Village tour you also experience Bullock cart tour and after the 2 Km Bullock Cart ride you will canoe to Famer’s house by traditional canoe.
You will experience beautiful landscapes over the water tank and lotus followers’ decorations, ancient women extend the beauty.
Once you reach to farmer’s house, his wife welcomes you traditionally saying “Ayuobowan (You may live longer)”. After the welcome she will demonstrate traditional kitchen equipment using with cooking demonstration. You will join with the demonstration and experience the using those traditional equipment.
After the cooking demonstration you will get spicy local lunch at the farmer’s house and after the lunch you will drop to the starting point.
- If you are in Sigiriya - need to report Karamwala junction
- If you are in Habarana - need to report Hiriwaduna junction.
- Every Day starting 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (operating) and needs to report (Karamwala junction–2 Km away from the Sigiriya Rock)
- Starting time at 10 a.m. - 3 p.m
Approx. duration 2 - 3 hrs
- Smart casual dress
- Good sunscreen
- Hat and sunglass
Sigiriya Village Tour
Explore the nature and beauty of the Sigiriya Countryside
2 Km Bullock Cart Tour
15–20 min Canoeing in water tank
Landscaping of Sigiriya Lion Rock
Cooking demonstration and spicy local lunch
Chena walks and experience different cultivation methods
Payments and Cancellations
- Tour will confirm up on the payment.
- You may need to check the availability before making the payment.
- If you are going to cancel the activity before the 24 hours of the operation, take place, then we will not apply for any cancelation charge.
- If the activity cancels from My Ceylon Adventures (our) end because of unexpected weather condition effect then Fully refunded (100%) or you can book alternative activity instead of the refund.