Things to do in Tangalle
Tangalle is belongs to Hambantota district, and it is another beautiful fishery village in Southern coast. Tangalle, situated east of Matara, 195 Km away from the Colombo and Tangalle, also blessed with an amazing 4 mile wide golden sandy beach. Tangalle also one of affected village Tsunami in 2004 and approx.. 1500–2000 people's died in Tsunami. before the Tsunami, Tangalle people living style was fishery industry but after the Tsunami turn up different way and Tangalle became one of touristic place in southern coast because of amazing beach of the Tangalle. Hence, presently key income source in Tangalle is tourism related activities, but still most of the people's primary income sources are fishery, dairy products and agriculture.
Ancient time Tangalle or entire Southern coast used to introduce as “Ruhuna” and natives used lived in Ruhuna. Southern Province is a strategic point in Sri Lanka's political history and most of the kings used Southern province as military strategic place.
There are few Dutch inheritances remaining in Tangalle and presently Tangalle Prison established in the Dutch fort, Rest house and court house are few remaining exploring the Dutch Architecting in Tangalle. There are few attractions in Tangalle and My Ceylon Adventures, things to do in Tangalle combined exploring those attractions.
- Mulkirigala rock Temple and you will explore the beautiful rock temple along with Tangalle Countryside cycling tour.
- Rekawa Turtle watching–it is phenomenal to experience turtles egging in the nature.
- Kalametiya bird sanctuary–it is a paradise for spot endemic and immigrating bids in 2500 hectares.
- Fishing in Tangalle–it is a challenging experience on the southern coast.
- Diving in Tangalle is exploring the hidden beauty of the Tangalle coast.