Epic Hiking and Trekking in Kandy (Alagalla Mountain)
Allagala trekking in Kandy is one of beautiful and adventurous trekking programme and it is second to Corbert’s Gap Trek in Kandy. Kandy Allagala mountain is isolate mountain in Kandy and it is located border of 2 towns (Potha Pitiya and Kadugannawa) once you reach to top of Allagala you can see Kandy, Mawennalla and Kadugannawa cities and it is amazing experience and picturesque scenery. Allagala mountain has rich bio-diversity and located in 22 Km away from the Kandy and closet town is “Pothapitiya”
Most of the day half of mountain covered by mist and its hide beauty of the mountain… impulse you to explore it…! When you are top of the mountain you can see Kandy city….!
About Alagalla Trekking Programme
- Start at My Ceylon Adventures Kandy office
- Cycling to Allagala mountain en-route visit to Hindu and Buddhist temple
- Trekking to Allagala Mountain
- Back to kandy buy Tuk Tuk
You will arrive to Potha Pitiya Town by Tuk Tuk and it is awesome experience Tuk Tuk ride in Kandy… it is fun ride and makes your Sri Lanka Holiday more spice up! Entire Allagalla Trekking tour duration would be 3 – 4 hours and You will get reach to bottom of mountain through the tea plantation and you can experience tea plucking people. If you want you can join with them too…!
So after all it is pure rock climbing, If the rock is wet it nearly impossible to get to the summit point. After creeping through the rocks I was at last on top of the world. There are leaches on the route and you can explore endemic flora, Birds, snakes, scorpions and beetles.
RATE SCHEDULE (valid until 30th April 2014)
|Number of Pax||1 Pax||2 pax and above|
|Rate Per Person in US$||95||70|
Note: Allagala Trekking in Kandy is highly sensitive trail to weather conditions and Allagala Trekking in Kandy operation subject to weather conditions.
OUR RATES INCLUDE:
- Tuk Tuk Ride (Transport)
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee.
- Bottle of water and snacks
- Leaches shocks and anti-leaches liquid
- Lunch in local restaurant
- Insurance cover for injuries up to USD $ 2000
OUR RATES DO NOT INCLUDE.
- Any Transportation
- Any additional beverage or food, which would be ordered extra.
- Any tips to the staff.
- Any personal effects not mentioned here.
- 9 Days more No Cancelation charge.
- 4 Days to 8 Days – 50 % of the tour cost will be charged.
- Less than 3 days no refund – 100% of the tour cost will be charged.
Important: you are not allowed to remove or collect any flora and Fauna from the premises of national parks/ forest.