Hot Air Ballooning in Kandalama (Nov – April)
Up, Up and away It is the hot air balloon season in Sri Lanka
“Few can resist a bird’s eye view of dramatic landscapes, a drift over thick jungle canopies and the thrill and serenity of a hot air balloon flight. November to April is the best time to soar over Sri Lanka’s spectacular countryside and gaze down upon villages and wildlife as the rising sun brings to life the landscape with vibrant shades of colour”
If you are lucky enough to visit the beautiful island of Sri Lanka then you should take the opportunity to see the wondrous sights from the air.
Flying over the jungle you may see elephants roaming freely, water buffaloes standing in the paddy fields and monkeys swinging from the trees.
|Hot Air ballooning in Sri Lanka – Kandalama Programme|
|Pick-up times will be as follows 5.00 am – Habarana & Sigiriya|
5.15 am – Dambulla
5.30 am – KandalamaTransfer from hotel to takeoff point. Your pickup time will be confirmed the evening prior. Ready for departure in the hotel lobby as our driver arrives06.00 a.m.Experience assisting the pilot and crew in preparing the balloon for takeoff. Our experienced crew will help you assist in getting the 350,000 cu foot envelope ready for inflation which is almost as memorable as the journey. Enjoy the picturesque landscape at sunrise, as nature awakens to the first rays of the sun
and to your planned 60 (approx.) minute flight. Breathe in the wide-open spaces, the panoramic views, nature & the spectacular landmarks.
The on air flight time is one hour (sometimes could be plus or minus). Balloons usually fly between 500 – 2000 feet from the ground totally in the hands of the winds, gracefully moving in the air.
While in the air enjoy the breath taking beauty from above and take as much photos and videos as you please. The Pilot will be happy to answer as many questions you may need to know about flying or the area.07:00 – 07.30 amLanding and then the endeavors of the retrieval by our ground crew together with the pilot, at his best, displaying the finer techniques of landings and maneuvers. It’s all part of the flight experience. The final pack-up of the envelope and equipment plus lots of laughs & photos add to the memories.07.30 – 09.00 amAt landing the flight will be toasted with champagne, there is also fruit juice and chilled bottled water. This is called the socializing moment where complete strangers become friends and after which you will be taken back to your hotel.
Hot Air ballooning rates
|Fees US$ per person|
|Foreign Guest||$ 210 p.p|
|Children ( Age 7 – 12)||$ 160 p.p|
Note: Hot Air ballooning operation depends on the weather conditions.
THE BALLOON TRIP INCLUDES
- 3 to 4-hour balloon excursion.
- Approx. One hour flight +/- depending on the weather conditions.
- Champagne or Tropical Fruit Juice.
- Children need to be a minimum of 1.2m (5 ft) in height and 7 years or older.
- Children under 16 years have to be accompanied by an adult.
- It is recommended that pregnant women do not fly.
- Personal effects for Warm/Windy/Rainy conditions should be carried by clients.
- Sun glasses, Sunburn lotion etc are recommended.
- Balloon flights in Sri Lanka are currently done only at sunrise when the climate is cool and the winds are calm.
- Short skirts are not recommended
- A hat or cap to protect you from the heat of the burners.
- Weather: Flights only take place if the weather permits. Get an early morning wakeup call from your hotel. Pilot confirms your departure the evening prior. Visiting tourists will have their ticket fully refunded in the event of a cancelled flight.
- If Client cancel the Hot Air Ballooning Excursion before 14 working days 75% of the cost refundable
- If Client cancel within five working days (date of operation) 50% of the cost refundable.
- If Client cancels Less than 5 working days 100% cancelation charges apply.